The Garage Trust is working tirelessly to ensure we are continually compliant with government-advised Covid-19 safety standards, as they continue to change frequently. The health and well-being of all our staff, students, participants and customer is our primary concern and we are keen to provide reassurance on the impact of the Coronavirus on all who attend The Garage and The Workshop. Government advice is changing quickly, often from day-to-day. As the advice changes we will continue to adapt our operational practices to match latest guidelines.
Since the beginning of August we have returned the majority of staff to the building for 20% of their working weeks. We are now finalising the adjustments to our opening procedures for the safe return of participants, and once completed these will be published on this page.
- Automatic hand sanitiser dispensers have been placed throughout the building, as well as supplies in each of the offices and studios. The hand sanitiser offers six-hours of protection, although we encourage everyone to use it more frequently.
- We have introduced additional venue cleans throughout the day, focussing on frequent touchpoints across every floor – toilets, door handles and stair rails. Our cleaners use an anti-bacterial cleaning product which lasts on most surfaces for 30 days
- Cleaning products are available in each studio for staff and participant use, and we will be covering the studio floors in an easy-to-clean material that is still safe for dance use prior to the start of term.
- Plastic storage boxes have been sourced for personal belongings to be stored during classes and cleaned between classes
- We have adjusted class timings to ensure the numbers of people moving through the building at any one time are as low as possible, and allowed for cleaning time between sessions.
- If you are feeling unwell do not attend your class. Please see criteria below under To Reduce the Risk of Infection
- Face coverings are to be worn when moving around the building for people aged 11 and over, however are optional wear during class. We know there are some people who may not be able to wear a face covering and will be respectful of all who are exempt.
- Access to the building will not be available until five minutes before class start times; please be mindful of this when planning your arrival. Our standard latecomers policy applies – those who arrive more than 10 minutes after class start time will not be allowed to attend for personal safety reasons around warm up procedures.
- Some areas of the building are now one way; please follow the directional arrows.
- Soap and hand sanitiser are readily available; please wash your hands frequently and for a minimum of 20 seconds.
We will issue credit to customers who miss any classes, performances or other booked activities due to self-isolation or if we are unable to deliver these events.
In the event of local or national lockdown restrictions being imposed we will transfer our classes online and they will be delivered via Zoom. You will be given the option not to attend the Zoom classes and we will hold your credit until we are able to return to the studios.
- Do not come to a class or show if you are unwell: if you or anyone in your household has a fever, a persistent cough or a loss of sense of taste or smell follow the government guidance for self-isolating
- When coughing and sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with tissue – throw tissue away immediately and wash hands
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever and a cough
- If you are informed by the NHS Track and Trace service that you may have encountered the virus, please follow their advice.
- Frequently clean your hands for at least 20 seconds following the advice given.
The Trust fully supports anyone who has been advised to or is taking the precaution to self-isolate.
So that The Trust can fully support you
- If you are a staff member, please notify your line manager
- If you are a student on a GCSE or HNC programme, please notify Beth Norman, Learning Manager; 01603283390. If you have outstanding work, assessments or are expecting to attend a mock exam we will endeavour to make suitable alternative arrangements for you.
- If you are a participant on one of our classes, please contact Scott Atkins, Venue Supervisor on 01603 283382. The Trust will be happy to provide you with a credit voucher to cover the classes you will miss during your period of self-isolation.
If you are in any way unsure about any of the information and advice relating to The Trust’s response to coronavirus, please contact The Garage and ask to speak to Adam Taylor, Katie Snell, Carrie Mansfield or Beth Norman. All staff members can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a challenging time but we endeavour to remain calm, considerate, vigilant and informed. We aim to keep this page updated as and when things change, but we suggest that, where concerned, you refer directly to the government advice for clarity on the current situation.