VOLUNTEER STEWARDS DEPARTMENT: FRONT OF HOUSE
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our volunteer team. You will perform a vital role as the public face of the theatre during our performances, ensuring that our customers have an enjoyable and positive experience.
The role of the Volunteer Steward is to provide a high-quality experience for customers of The Garage. Responsibilities will vary for each performance and support and supervision will be given from the Duty Manager.
To apply, email a CV and a brief covering letter about why you are interested in the role to Scott Atkins, Venue Supervisor on Scott.Atkins@thegarage.org.uk.
Please find here vacancies available at our sister venue The Workshop in Vancouver Quarter, number 38 New Conduit Street, King’s Lynn PE30 1DL
Front of House Volunteers
The Workshop are looking for volunteers to help on front of house. This is an incredible way of getting to know the space and team, whilst participating in the workings of a professional arts organisation. With a mix of day-time and evening shifts up for grabs, this is a brilliant opportunity for someone looking for experience in the industry or a productive and vibrant way of filling their spare time. There will also be opportunities to assist with productions and classes.
For further information and how to apply, click here to download the role description and person specification.
We are always on the look out for technicians to join our team of casuals, as we often have work that comes up at The Garage. If you are interested in working with us, please email to email@example.com for more information
The Garage has a commitment to staff well-being, and has worked with the Thriving Workplaces team, Norfolk’s free workplaces health provider commissioned by Norfolk County Council to help us build a happier and healthier workforce.
- We encourage appropriate requests for Flexitime working to suit staff and their job
- We encourage appropriate request to work remotely and work from home to suit staff and their job
- We encourage staff to take part in a participatory/exercise class as part of working hours, for free.
- We encourage staff to watch shows at The Garage as part of their working hours, as a minimum a member of staff and a guest can have a complementary ticket to shows as ‘walk-ins’.
- Where possible we will make a CoL increase each year of at least 0.5%, to be reviewed every September.
- We offer a half hour paid lunch break for staff
- We encourage staff to eat their lunch away from their desk, they can do this in any of our vacant spaces – just leave it clean and tidy afterwards
If you want to talk to someone about your health and wellbeing, or any of the above initiatives, Adam Yaxley is our Workplace Health Champion – firstname.lastname@example.org / 01603 283368